Saturday, August 9, 2008

rip bernie mac :(

Yesterday was a really great day and a great way to celebrate my 25th birthday. Wow, writing that makes me feel super old. Seriously, I am not early 20's anymore but have entered the "mid" section. Scary but I am okay with it.

So the day started waking up next to Tal, which, when a guy is that cute, how can it not be a good day? Exactly. So we woke up, had some Dunkin Donuts Iced coffee and bagels. Dunkin Donuts has my all time favorite coffee, better then Starbucks or McDonalds. B and I had hit up forever21 the night before and found nothing so I still needed something to wear for my birthday. Although, we did end up at Bakers square with french fries and pie, so all was not lost. So I found the dress in the pic at Macy's on sale for $30 so I was like, good deal, except it was uber short but so what. I also got a cute shirt at forever21 so I was happy.

After went to my job interview. Met the kids I will be babysitting and loved them. The little girl is adorable and the son too. The mom was a sweetheart and it makes me excited to be their nanny! I really liked how good the Mom was with them and saw how much they respected and loved her so it should be a good situation to go into. Afterward I went and got a mani/pedi. Picked the brightest pink which is pretty awesome for summer, also when combined with a tan. Had a mini freak out about Tal not having a button shirt for Ybar and made him run to Tj Maxx for a shirt. So cute this boy who puts up with my shenanigans.

We then picked up B and drove to Ybar. B took the awesome picture above which I pretty much extremely love, so yay! Met my good college friend Izzy and then my friend L. Emlyn, a high school friend, came a little later and we all had drinks. Chit chat and dancing, drinking and 2 Israeli friends later, we ended at sound bar. Dancing all over, more drinks, and it was a good time. B and I totally got busted by security for taking out heels off while we stood for a rest. Seriously? We weren't holding them or dancing without them so wtf? But whateves, we put them back on and soldiered on. B and I danced like it was our job and looked hot. I totally forgot to mention the carful of people cheering on our asses apparently. Go us, I think? Also, B looked super hot in a periwinkle short dress with heels. Emlyn and B left and about 30 mins later Tal and I did leaving MP and TJ to stay.

After a quick Harold and Kumar inspired White Castle snack, went home and smooched Tal until MP came over. I went to sleep earlier then the guys and woke up to Bella being a bedhog. Also a cover hog. For being 10 lbs, she knows how to make the most of her size.

Today cleaned the apartment Tal and got a call from my friends that they were bringing me a cake and gifts. So Michal, Eyal, Iris, Doris, and kids came over with an awesome carvel cake. Also with actual donuts from Dunkin Donuits and a large coffee thing. I got new Armani perfume, a much needed new awesome hair dryer with defuser and whatnot and the new wet/dry ceramic flat iron. Also a new makeup bag. I LOVE when birthday gifts are exactly what I need and super useful. We chilled and everyone loved Tal. Eventually they left and Tal and I relaxed and now he is at MP's and I get to blog and probably will put in "The Kite Runner" which I just finished reading and want to see how it compares to the book.

Before I go, I would like to say that I love reading the lovely blogs below and love the girls writng them. Thanks for the comments, you guys totally motivate me to keep updating. Thanks!!

  • Jamie /Oh! How Lovely!

  • Jenn/ Free and Flawed

  • Jess/ The Everyday Adventures of Me in the City
  • 2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Happy Belated Birthday! It sounds like you had a fabulous time and that cake made me drool. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Anonymous said...

    Hey there :)

    Thanks muchly for the link love. I'm new to your blog, but am enjoying it so far!