Wednesday, April 29, 2009

if...

i had the best date last night.
we went to see 17 again.
perfect center seats.
popcorn.
drink.
no talking during the previews.

so, who's the best date ever?


me!

i took myself to the movies for the first time and i'm a great date. after feeling completely stressed and full of anxiety i was going to do a little retail therapy at target. i pulled in and realized, hey, there's a theatre right next to me. so i used my wonderful iphone and found the time and saw 17 again was playing in 15 minutes. so i went in and bought a ticket. i wasn't going to get a drink or popcorn but after i went to the bathroom i realized, why not? so i got myself some refreshments and had perfect seats in the theatre. i laughed and relaxed and for a few hours didn't think about an unpleasant situation i am in. it definitely worked. i also really recommend 17 again. it was cute and funny and zac efron did a great job. he really acted like a 35 year old man and acted just like matthew perry.

in other news, i got 3 awesome dresses, a new top, a ton of books, and this cute sign thing at the thrift store the other day. i also got a cute philosophy box. i love the salvation army. you never know what youre going to find. i got confessions of a shopaholic, remember me, can you keep a secret, and a few others for 50 cents each. good deal if you ask me and they look brand new.

i am stressed, anxiety ridden, and feeling all sorts of angry/sad/ahh! thank god that i am taking a much much needed vacay in a few weeks to see my bestie!! perspective is the key here.

i guess i am glad i am optimist cause at times likes this it helps alot.

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same


4 comments:

Fannie said...

Yes, being an optimist really does help when times are rough ! I like to be my own date at times, and treat myself to some popcorn too !

Glad you had a good time, smile !!

Mandy said...

Spending time with yourself is important. I am glad that you went to the movies and have fun. I saw 17 Again last friday with my younger cousins. It was a cute movie. (Hannah Montana was better!)

Andy said...

Andy needs to :
1. Take herself on a date.
2. Go shopping.

Carissa Thilgen said...

that's so great that you took yourself on a date! I should probably do that-- I have never been to the movies by myself before! and there are so many movies I want to see (like 17 again) that my boyfriend doesn't really want to sit through :)

glad you are finding optimism and perspective during a hard time. that's not always easy to do, but it is worth it. sometimes, well, all the time really, you have to CHOOSE happiness.