Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Regarding Rachels post about the 20sb, I was going to leave a comment but it got so long I decided to post it.

As for the same people being nominated for the awards, I think in a way it can seem very cliquey BUT I think, as Jamie said, people should be proactive about it if they don't like it. To me blogging doesnt mean the same as most people and the fact is, some blogs are popular for reason. Blogging to me doesn't factor laregly in my life, I don't have a huge need to be part of a community, and the readers/comments I get are so suprising and so nice and unexpected. I don't often reply, partly because I don't know the etiquette and partly because I read on my iphone while driving or in class and it's hard. I know when i was an activr participant that people were open and welcome and I loved the community.

Does this mean the community is all wonderful and perfect? No, it is like anything else, it has good and bad. The fact is, if it means that much to be nominated, then be as involved as the nominees. They twitter, blog, meet up, they do alot. If that's not for you, then don't be mad.

Blogging is different for everybody. What it means, how it has changed their life, how they feel, their friends, etc. I really don't blog much because my life is busy. It is just busy and I have so many real life freinds that for me it is hard to write. But sometimes I get an urge and I write and write. Does that mean people who blog have no life or less than mine? Definitely not, it means they choose to express themselves and share and that's beautiful.

Don't get me wrong, there are some blogs I think are ridiculous. Some people are boring or annoying or just ridiculous, and guess what? I don't read them. Some people take blogging more serious then I ever would but to be dedicated is cool. For me, I believe on live and let live. If you don't like somehting, work to change or be quiet. People nominated and voted and the thing wasn't fixed, so I really don't see a problem.

I guess I'm glad I got to use the 20sb awards to turn into my feelings on blogging. Sometimes I'm sad I am not a part of the community and I don't make time but I just have so much other stuff going on. For me, not wiritng means things are good and I am too busy enjoying life. For me, this blog is less safe then it was. For me, blogging is about me, as selfish as it is. I care about the people I read and hope they are well but my priorities are different. Blogging is personal to us all and that should be respected.

2 comments:

rachel said...

YES.

that is all I have to say about this.

Gonezo said...

AGREED!!!